FMSC the Safety PLC from Fiessler Elektronik
Fiessler Elektronik has consequently implemented its more than 60 years of experience and know-how with the new and configurable modular FMSC safety controller. The development not only focused on the high standard of safety but also on how to simply and rapidly implement projects. Miscellaneous functionalities, such as creating combinations, make it easier for the user to program the safety controller. Already created projects can also be comprehensively documented. Rapid response times as well as the safety-oriented monitoring of up to 17 axes round off the profile of the new FMSC safety control.
The modular structure of the FMSC system family ensures that the most efficient hardware solutions will always be found for a monitoring task. The variations Eco, Basic, Advanced and Professional provide a selection of different master devices with a respectively different range of functions. The corresponding functionalities are simply integrated or configured with the programming software, FMSC Studio. The system can be expanded at any time with up to 16 expansion modules. As a result, up to 204 digital inputs and up to 153 digital outputs are available today. And up to 17 axes can be monitored for safety. The compact design makes it easy to integrate the safety control in new systems as well as for retrofitted systems.
The programming environment, FMSC Studio, is the heart of the FMSC safety controller. This software tool will configure all hardware functionalities and create the user program. A great number of pre finished standard and safety function blocks simplifies the work for the user. Using drag and drop, the modules are placed on the worksheet, which accepts nearly any size, and the individual I/O points are simply graphically connected. Transfer flags do not have to be set necessarily, since FMSC Studio supports both work methods. The individual windows are arranged in a clear and flexible manner to provide an optimal overview at all times.
The created project can be simulated and tested practically in real time with the built-in simulator. Counters, switching on and off times can be integrated and simulated. As such, the dynamic behavior of connected actuators or higher level controls can be simulated on a nearly 1:1 basis. It is also possible to integrate special modules to simulate short circuits and interruptions in performance. The user is thus able to commission the project as well as carry out a safety-related inspection from their workstation. Different simulators can be used to accurately document the individual test stages of a project. Preliminarily inspecting the created project at the workstation saves a lot of time and money when commissioning the real machine or system.
The online diagnostic
The software tool FMSC Studio also forms the basis for the online diagnostic of the FMSC safety controller. Individual networks as well as the complete project can be diagnosed online.Non-volatile error memories make it easier to find sporadic errors in the wiring and the function. Showing the project history of the device also makes its life cycle accountable at all times.
The FMSC system family has the right solution for each task. Compre hensive functions enable maximum flexibility with a convincing cost- benefit ratio. Examples:
Emergency shutdown (fast shutdown function)
If the rather fast cycle time of the FMSC is still too slow, the hardware configurator can configure the emergency shutdown. The maximum switch-off time then is 0.5 ms. To ensure every single application has an optimal shutdown behavior, the emergency shutdown can be bypassed in the application program according to situation. This provides maximum flexibility regarding an emergency shutdown.
Switch-off delay of outputs - also in case of a fault
For many applications, the switching off behavior of safety controllers in case of a fault leads to risks for humans and machine. Conventional safety controls for internal or external hardware errors set all outputs to the secure state, resulting in the development of dangerous centrifugal forces. To exclude these hazards outright, the FMSC system family has a configurable switch-off delay for every single safety output. This specific type of shutting down offers protection from consequential damage.
Speed monitor - safe, flexible and fast
The FMSC system family can safely monitor up to 16 axes. Different, pre-finished software modules cover any application as per EN 61800-5-2. For example, different speed profiles to be monitored can be allocated to an axis. Direction and standstill detection round off the requirement profile. Direction of rotation, resolution and sensor types can be simply and readily selected from the hardware configuration. The individual counter values are then processed further in the FMSC application program.
• Safe Stop 1: SSI
• Safe Stop 2: SS2
• Safe direction of movement (safe direction): SDI • Safe operation stop: SOS
• Safe speed monitor: SSM
• Safe speed range: SSR
- Emergency shutdown (fast shutdown function) max 0.5 ms
- Switching-off delay of safe outputs, also in case of error
- Up to 17 axes can be safely monitored
- Expandable with up to 16 expansion modules
- Very fast cycle times
- Easiest programming
- Versatile certified software modules
- Cost-effective system structure through use of expansion modules
- Short standstill times through extensive diagnostic possibilities
- Comprehensive know-how protection by setting different access passwords
- Maximum safety – PL e – SIL CL 3 – CAT 4
- Realization of safety functions in acc. with EN 61800-5-2
- Connection to different field bus systems
Numerous FMSC master devices are available with the same hardware structure but with a different range of functions. The user thus can create a system concept with the best cost-benefit factor.
FMSC- ECO - Master
- 12 digital inputs(six inputs for 24V or 5V DC configurable)
- 4 safe digital outputs
- 5 standard outputs (each configurable as test pulses)
- 1 two-digit display for messages
- 1 USB programming interface
- 1 start-stop push button
FMSC- Basic - Master (additional range of functions for Eco variation)
- Expandable with up to 4 expansion devices
- Configurable switching-off delay of safe outputs in case of error
FMSC- Advanced - Master (additional range of functions for Basic variation)
- Expandable with up to 8 expansion devices
- Configurable emergency shutdown of safe outputs(fast shut down function)
- Counter inputs for the safety-related evaluation of an axis
- Muting functions
- Safety light curtain BLVT programmable
FMSC- Professional - Master (additional range of functions for Advanced variation)
- Expandable with up to 16 expansion devices
- Counter inputs for the safety-related evaluation of up to 16 areas in combination with FMSC-Professional-Slave
Depending on the master device, the system structure can be expanded with modules to a maximum of 16 devices. The devices are respectively addressed via a simple teach-in process.
FMSC- Basic - Slave 1
- 12 digital inputs (six inputs for 24V or 5V DC configurable)
- 4 safe digital outputs
- 5 standard outputs (each configurable as test pulses
- 1 two-digit display for messages
- 1 start-stop push button
- Configurable switch-off delay of safe outputs in case of error
FMSC- Advanced - Slave 1 (additional range of functions for Basic variation)
- Configurable emergency shutdown of safety outputs (fast shut down function)
FMSC- Profi - Slave 1 (additional range of functions for Advanced variation)
- Counter inputs for the safety-related evaluation of an axis (up to 17 axes in overall expansion)
A module for communication via fieldbus systems is also available.
The device is respectively addressed via a simple teach-in process.
FMxC Slave Modbus ASCII
- Fieldbus extension for device family FMSC / FMPC.
- Communication via RS-232 (9-pin Sub-D) or RS-485 (terminal connector).
- Blanking functions can be programmed on BlxT light curtain.
- 1 Standard output
- 1 Start-Stop button
|scope of application||Programmable controller for safe and non safe applications|
|Safety design of hardware||SIL 3 (IEC61508), pl e EN ISO 13849-1|
|Power supply||24V DC|
|Tolerance range||18 ... 30,0 V DC max. 10% ripple|
|Current consumption||typ. 20 mA|
|Fuse for power supply||T 20 A extern|
|Terminal connection||screw- or spring type|
|power supply||max. 2,5 mm2|
|input level||max. 1,5 mm2|
|output level||max. 1,5 mm2|
Mirco USB for programming, hardware diagnosis and Debug-Mode
Design size (hxbxt) without connectors
|114,5 x 22,5 x 99 mm|
|Installation on top hat rail||according to DIN 50 022|
|Protection class housing||IP 20|
|Protection class terminals||IP 20|
|Weight||130 gr / 170 gr with connectors|
|Operating temperature range||0° C ... +55° C|
|Storage temperature range||-25° C ... +70° C|
|Relative humidity||10% ... 95% RH|
|Creep distance||DIN EN 50 178|
|Oscillation||DIN EN 60 068-2-6|
|EMC||DIN EN 61 000-6-2|
Fiessler setzt mit der FMSC auf ein modulares Konzept
Im Gegensatz zu dem allgemeinen Trend, Sicherheitssteuerungen zu „brand labeln“, setzt Fiessler Elektronik auf eine komplette Eigenentwicklung der Steuerung. Durch den direkten Zugriff auf Hard- und Software kann die Sicherheits-SPS schneller angepasst werden.